Are you, or do you know, a Stroke Survivor? Classes to improve movement and independence are starting in February in Portsmouth.
Sally and Jacqui from Healthhub.co CIC, a local health and fitness programme provider, have established an ‘Exercise & Fitness following Stroke’ (EFS), programme for Portsmouth.
This is an evidence based, nationally recognised programme for the exercise and fitness training of people who have suffered a stroke and been discharged from physiotherapy. The programme is designed to:
- help maintain benefits achieved through rehabilitation
- improve functional capacity
- improve movement and independence
- help reduce the effects of tonal changes
- enable individuals to exercise in a safe and enjoyable environment
- help reduce isolation and encourage shared experiences within the group
Last year, Sally and Jacqui ran a 12 week trial of this programme for Stroke survivors who could walk independently, with or without a walking aid and had very successful outcome measures.
Consequently, the programme has been awarded Lottery funding to run EFS classes for a year, starting 13th February:
- at St Cuthbert’s Centre, Lichfield Road, Copnor, PO3 6DE
- 1.30 – 3 pm
- cost per class is £4 including refreshments
It is suitable for Stroke Survivors who can walk independently, with or without a walking aid, and individuals must be referred by their GP or Healthcare Professional.
For more information & referral forms, please contact:
Sally – 07711 769349
Jacqui 07716 730230